bologan's black weapons in the open games - Bologan
If you are ready to play the Ruy Lopez with black, you also need to be prepared if white avoids the Ruy. In this book, Victor Bologan covers all relevant lines with a well laid-out, clearly explained playable set of responses.
But Bologan's Black Weapons in the Open Games is not just another chess opening repertoire book. Bologan presents two different options against every main line: a common sense approach and an aggressive weapon. It’s actually two books in one.
He also offers:
- guidance for those who are new to 1…e5 and have little time;
- a wealth of new ideas in old lines;
- a Fast Lane repertoire (in every chapter) with a quick summary of the minimum you need to know;
- a special strategy section on how pawn structures define important themes;
- 2200 games referenced and presented in a separate index; and
- lots of practical tips.
Victor Bologan has taken the chess opening repertoire book to a next level. He has created a unique instrument of chess instruction for players of almost every strength.
Who should read this book?
This book takes chess opening repertoire books to the next level and provides players with a unique instrument at almost every strength. The book comes highly recommended for players from the club level (who will love the gambit coverage) to grandmasters who will appreciate the in depth coverage of the Scotch.