understanding the chess openings - Collins
As it covers all openings, Understanding the Chess Openings will also prove invaluable to those who are seeking to create a repertoire. At a glance, readers will get a feel for the character of an opening, and an idea of whether it might suit their style. Potential theoretical problem areas and move-order issues, so critical when creating a repertoire, are also highlighted.
* Main lines explained move by move
* Guidance against rare but dangerous sidelines
* Special emphasis on lines popular at club level
* Brief description of both sides’ aims at the end of each main line
* General introduction to each major opening
* Complete games are given to illustrate key ideas
* More than 400 diagrams
Who should read this book? Highly recommended to all club and tournament players, as this book will help them to handle the middlegame positions arising from each opening better.